LOCATION: London, England
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com) is a programmatic specialist agency, forming part of GroupM. The Exchange Lab exists to remove the complexity from programmatic media buying and offers an end to end service from the strategic planning of a client campaign through trading & optimisation to reporting and analytics to create a virtuous circle of strategy, performance, insights and results. The company’s Meta-DSP Proteus, unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers.
Proteus is integrated into the largest and most respected DSPs including; Amazon, DBM, MediaMath, AppNexus, and The Trade Desk. This unique technology creates a holistic view of the media ecosystem providing advertisers with greater audience reach, scale, campaign insights and cost saving efficiencies.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
At Exchange Lab, the Account Manager role is the glue that holds all of the pieces of the client facing team together and synergises that team to create unbroken communication and processes for all. An Account Manager rallies around client objectives to ensure successful campaigns are consistently delivered and everyone is on the same page.
Through cross-channel and programmatic marketing strategy knowledge, solid technical expertise and fantastic client relationship building, the Account Manager role is responsible for meeting and exceeding client expectations for every campaign. By unifying a team of Sales, Trader, Trafficker, and Client(s) needs, fluid communication will result in a seamless process from campaign start to finish every time.
The Account Manager is responsible for the day to day relationships with clients, internal team members and the management of campaigns. They will ensure excellence in client service, the execution and delivery of campaigns from a technical and marketing strategy perspective, the delivery of client reporting on schedule, and recognition of revenue.
This role requires a high degree of client focus, standards of communication and collaboration, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and ease in working with multiple business units. An enthusiasm towards the potential of the programmatic buying ecosystem, integrated/digital marketing initiatives and technology evolutions will be highly regarded.
Key Role Accountabilities
General Support and Account Management
- Work with Sales to ensure all bookings are in-system and accurately booked and contractual obligations are being met
- Provide support to other Sales Team members when away or busy (ie: answer phones, account manage the client, provide weekly reporting)
- Ensure all bookings are recognised in the Finance system through diligence in campaign administration
- Entertain and socialize with clients and industry wide contacts
- Attend industry events, represent & promote The Exchange Lab
Strategy & Reporting
- Work with Sales to identify opportunities with existing and potential clients. Provide insight and information of historical account activity to help respond to brief
- During campaign ensure all performance targets are being met. Provide weekly reporting updates and recommend optimisation strategies to clients, use internal levers to ensure full delivery and where relevant cross sell and upsell relevant TEL products during and post campaign
- Provide post campaign analysis and recommendations for rebooking
- Manage all campaigns through implementation and acquire all necessary assets
- Be ‘expert users’ of The Exchange Lab products for Advertisers, capable of managing client’s expectations through any elements of our products (e.g. set up times, optimization and reaching campaign goals etc.)
- Share best practice and learning’s among the Sales and Account Manager team
Person and Skill Requirements
- Experience within a media sales, marketing and technology centric environment
- Understanding of digital marketing planning functions
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with frequent pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in data management, report extraction & analysis
- Experience with working with clients
- MS Excel proficient. Practical experience of ad servers, web analytics, pixel auditing tools and other channel platform proficiencies highly regarded.
The ideal candidate will come from an Agency / Network / Trading Desk / Large online publisher. They maybe a junior sales person, operations executive, trader or planner / buyer but must understand the ins and outs of digital advertising, including all terminology and the basic principles of running a direct response campaign. They must have a commercial brain along with decent communication skills and be presentable and willing to talk to clients.
- A Business/Marketing degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2 years Digital and Marketing industry experience