LOCATION: London (Victoria), UK
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM [m]Platform, is a specialist programmatic company connected to the world’s largest marketplace. The company’s proprietary Meta-DSP–Proteus, unifies the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies, media platforms and exchanges into a single touch-point, empowering direct advertisers and GroupM agencies with the highest level of efficiencies and analytics.
Proteus is integrated into ten of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, ONE by AOL and The Trade Desk. This unique programmatic technology creates a holistic view of the digital ecosystem providing advertisers with unparalleled audience reach, scale, campaign insights and efficiencies – future proofing brands.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab services more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
After having been acquired by GroupM (WPP), The Exchange Lab is currently in the process of rolling out Proteus – its proprietary technology – globally. We are hence looking for a talented and motivated individual who possesses superior attention to detail and an analytical mind-set to help us with data input, matching and analysis and other on-boarding and basic support operations tasks.
Successful candidates will thrive in a customer focussed, competitive and fast-moving business environment while adhering to high ethical standards; will exhibit confidence, empathy and intelligence in discussions with business owners, executives and customers alike; will interact in a cooperative and friendly manner; will be self-starters who perform at a consistent and high level; and will enjoy working hard and having fun with other members of The Exchange Lab team.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Data Executive will assist with onboarding data within Proteus, essentially getting us to the point where we are ready to train a Programmatic Business Unit within GroupM on our tools.
In reality, this will mean that for a large part of your time, you’ll be gathering data from a number of sources (people and systems) and through persistence, thorough investigation and a structured way of working, are able to make sense of it all before inputting correctly into Proteus. When appropriate, you will take the initiative to escalate to Proteus Support and keep the country Project Manager informed on any relevant updates until a resolution is in place. The onboarding process will also entail the creation of Excel and/or Tableau reporting for various parties using Pivot Tables and other excel functions where necessary.
As well as the onboarding work, you might be required to support the Ad Operations team in maintaining our site lists (blacklists & whitelists), help with discrepancies between platforms, and other similar tasks.
We see this role as a great stepping stone into our Global Support function, where if successful you’ll take what you’ve learned and apply and expand on that, delivering advice on usage of Proteus, troubleshooting issues and continuing to onboard and analyse data to drive adoption and satisfaction in the global customer base.
- University degree
- Basic Excel skills
- Keyboard shortcuts – copy/cut and paste (values vs formulas vs formatting …)/insert
- Pivot tables – able to play around with data, and visualize the output in informative graphs
- Graphs – including trend lines, primary vs secondary axis, …
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD BRING
- Meticulous attention to detail, top-notch analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to operate with poise under pressure
- Highly organised, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise and focus
- Solid and confident communication skills at all time with the foresight and intuition to adapt the communication to several audience types (management, technical, customer etc).
- A desire to grow, learn and be part of something important
- A general understanding of GroupM’s structure (https://www.groupm.com/our-agencies)
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences or related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Formulas – be familiar with FIND, MATCH, INDEX, VLOOKUP, EXACT, … and combine them at ease
- Macros – record them, in order to automate repetitive tasks
- VBA – be able to edit the macro code output
- Familiarity with a DSP (Demand-Side Platform)’s reporting functionality
- Ability to write simple SQL SELECT queries and a basic understanding of relational databases
- Proficiency with Tableau