LOCATION: London, Victoria
REPORTING TO: Head of Development
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB:
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM Connect, is One for All. One company connected to the world’s largest programmatic digital media marketplace. The company’s Meta DSP – Proteus, unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers.
Proteus, a creative and innovative trading platform, is integrated into eight of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, and The Trade Desk. This unique technology creates a holistic view of the media ecosystem providing advertisers with greater audience reach, scale, campaign insights and cost saving efficiencies.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
The role will require the individual to build and extend The Exchange Lab’s enterprise Data Warehouse product. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a cutting end data solution and work with incredibly large datasets.
- Work with the Business Analysts, Data Analysts and Stakeholders to define and implement data solutions.
- Work with the Head of Development and Project Manager to plan and implement projects.
- Support the whole technical team throughout the development cycle of the product.
- Attend daily scrum meetings to ensure product features are on track as specified.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- An excellent understanding of SQL Server, including the following:
- Table design and implementation
- Complex Query Optimization and complex procedures
- Security and best practice
- Enterprise features such as Column Store indexing, Partitioning, Clustering, Replication, High Availability etc.
- An excellent understanding of SSIS to build out Enterprise Ready ETL tooling.
- A good understanding of C# and MySQL. Big data skills desirable but not essential.
- Ability to debug code, review work and excellent problem solving skills.
- An excellent understanding of the use of Data throughout the organisation and how it applies to the overall business need. Ability to take a data governance role and communicate this with business, analytics and product teams.
- Excellent understanding of system architectures, application design and the software development processes.
- Advanced SQL skills that range from ad-hoc query design through to system implementation.
- Excellent working knowledge of database and data warehouse modelling techniques, such as the Kimball Methodology and Inmon.
- Proven implementation and report design skills using Tableau, SSRS, Jaspersoft or equivalent.
- Proven database design and data architecture skills in both transactional and data warehouse environments.
- Able to present work to developers and key stakeholders, and take ownership of approaches and designs.
- Proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Business Analysts, Business Users, Project Managers and QA Testers.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a flexible approach.
- Provide data level support and design and implement fixes as appropriate.
Experience of working in short iterative Agile Sprints.