ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB:
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM [m]Platform, is a specialist programmatic company connected to the world’s largest marketplace. The company’s proprietary Meta-DSP–Proteus, unifies the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies, media platforms and exchanges into a single touch-point, empowering direct advertisers and GroupM agencies with the highest level of efficiencies and analytics.
Proteus is integrated into ten of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, ONE by AOL and The Trade Desk. This unique programmatic technology creates a holistic view of the digital ecosystem providing advertisers with unparalleled audience reach, scale, campaign insights and efficiencies – future proofing brands.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab services more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
The HR Advisor reports into the Head of HR, who is part time and will work closely with the entire global senior management team. The role is varied and will require someone with an extensive HR toolset, ideally across different countries, with a proven ability to generate creative solutions to problems and act as an advisor to the business internationally.
There will be an increasing amount of interaction with GroupM and WPP from an HR standpoint and knowledge of employment law, procedure and strong written and oral communication skills are essential for building long-term successful relationships.
This is an incredibly hands-on role which requires someone who is assertive and proactive with drive, determination and a flair for HR that is skilled at operational HR.
- Working closely with all departments and developing strong working relationships with managers, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply working knowledge of immigration processes.
- Act as the central internal person for all immigration issues and processes.
- Liaison with lawyers where necessary to process visa / Work Permit applications, extensions and changes of category.
- Employee Relations
- Disciplinaries & Grievances.
- Interpreting and advising on employment law.
- Performance Management.
- Managing absence.
- Probation Management.
- Management of Flexible Working requests.
- Policy writing and updating
- Writing and ensuring all company policies / procedures are up to date in line with current employment legislation.
- Management of Employee Handbook.
- Preparing/overseeing New Starter Employment Contracts and related documentation.
- Ensuring all Authorisation documentation is in place before recruitment commences (TEL and GroupM).
- Ensure all new joiners referenced in the correct way.
- Developing job descriptions / person specifications.
- Preparing job adverts and post role in all relevant places.
- Work with agencies both externally as well as within GroupM.
- Checking and sharing applications, shortlisting.
- Some (limited) interviewing.
- Salary benchmarking.
- Management of Consultants.
- Conducting inductions for new staff.
- Managing maternity and paternity leave and negotiating returns.
- HR planning and project work.
- Administering payroll and maintain employee records.
- Work alongside the Finance team to ensure that all necessary changes are processed through monthly payroll.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ideally fully CIPD qualified.
- Superb communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and managing conflict and difficult situations.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Some international HR experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience in managing all areas of HR.
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- Experience working within the media industry would be a bonus.
- Must have the ability to relate to staff whilst maintaining a corporate position.