LOCATION: London, Victoria
REPORTING TO: Global CMO
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB:
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM [m]Platform, is a specialist programmatic company connected to the world’s largest marketplace. The company’s proprietary Meta-DSP–Proteus, unifies the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies, media platforms and exchanges into a single touch-point, empowering direct advertisers and GroupM agencies with the highest level of efficiencies and analytics.
Proteus is integrated into ten of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, ONE by AOL and The Trade Desk. This unique programmatic technology creates a holistic view of the digital ecosystem providing advertisers with unparalleled audience reach, scale, campaign insights and efficiencies – future proofing brands.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab services more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
The Marketing and Communications Manager plays a pivotal role in developing and managing the communications strategy (both internal and external) within the global team to enable us to drive growth and maintain our market-leading position. This role requires a talented marketer with strong public relations and communications skills, experience on the consumer side of the business (B2C), a strong understanding of digital marketing and a passion for ad technology.
The ideal candidate will be able draw on their broad range of experiences and apply varied approaches to their communications plans to effectively deliver tangible results. The ideal candidate is required to have excellent project management and communication skills and must be an exceptionally strong writer and proficient at story telling. They must also thrive in a fast paced work environment and have experience growing and managing a team of direct reports. This role reports into the CMO who is based in Toronto, Canada.
- Work with CMO to develop a go-to market strategy and ensure all paid, owned and earned media builds brand awareness for The Exchange Lab in addition generating leads for the sales team
- Manage the strategy, execution and measurement of all Global communications efforts for The Exchange Lab including internal communications, public relations, media relations and GroupM related support if required
- Collaborate with internal teams and act as a liaison with the sales, operations, business intelligence and the technology teams to assist in developing customer-focused, market-leading sales and marketing collateral – act as the brand gatekeeper
- Working with the Trade and Product Marketing Manager; assist as needed on strategy and lead on content creation for events (presentations, handouts, html mailers & website contribution)
- Lead the digital, social and content strategy for The Exchange Lab and ensure objectives are met quarterly
- Work with the NA Marketing & Events Manager to secure speaker slots, sponsorships and submit award entries
- Collaborate with internal teams and act as a liaison with the sales, operations, business intelligence and the technology teams to assist in developing customer-focused, market-leading sales and marketing collateral when required
- Manage all website updates and lead the content strategy for The Exchange Lab website and newsletters (both internal and external)
- A strong business writer, editor and a passion for generating exceptional content, you will be required to write whitepapers, case studies, bylines and positioning in the voice of The Exchange Lab and its management team
- Collaborate & own working relationships with external suppliers including membership organizations, printers, merchandise companies, trade press magazines (for advertising) and event organisers
- Managing cost control on your projects and delivering them within budget
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The right individual for this role will likely come from a brand or consumer marketing role and have strong agency background. They should be passionate about the digital and ad tech industry and have experience across different verticals within the marketing field. The Exchange Lab is looking for someone who understands their customers (CMOs, brand and digital marketing executives) and someone who can clearly articulate why they should work with The Exchange Lab. If the candidate has experience around ad tech or product marketing that is a benefit.
The right candidate will have experience in communications and content strategy and execution. The right candidate ideally is a cross functional marketer with experience in advertising, brand management, PR, social media, SEO, PPC, paid, owned and earned media.
It will be important that this individual is a strategic, social, organised person, with excellent communication skills and can clearly speak to the online media, programmatic and exchange markets. With experience in marketing strategy and planning, digital media, copywriting, developing and packaging content in line with core messaging and The Exchange Lab brand.
- 5+ years in brand management/communications role
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven track record of compiling and delivering innovative marketing campaigns
- Exceptional writing/copywriting and editing skills
- Experience in sales support initiatives – must be commercially driven
- Strong project management skills
- Highly organised, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and extremely detail oriented
- Bright, charismatic, inspirational with the ability to win credibility internally
- You must have the ability to work in a team and be a great mentor to others
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
- If the candidate had experience in SEO, SEM, Google AdWords and Word Press that would be ideal