DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
REPORTING TO: Director of Analytics, North America
START DATE: ASAP
The Exchange Lab (www.theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM, is One for All. One company connected to the world’s largest programmatic digital media marketplace. The company’s unique multi-platform solution unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers.
The Exchange Lab is powered by Proteus, a creative and innovative trading platform which is integrated into the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus and The Trade Desk. Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our team. Successful candidates will thrive in a competitive and fast-moving business environment while adhering to high ethical standards and integrity. The right candidate will exhibit confidence, motivation and intelligence in discussions with business stakeholders and executives; will be committed to improving their understanding of the digital advertising world by spending significant ‘off-the-job’ time learning about the ad tech industry and will interact in a cooperative and friendly manner with co-workers. A self-starter who will perform at a consistently high level, they will enjoy working hard and having fun with other members of global The Exchange Lab team.
As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for generating and delivering valuable insights around digital marketing activity across different business functions. You will join an expanding, very fast paced International BI/Analytics team which works very closely with the Global Operations, Technology, Global Sales and Marketing divisions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Take directives from the Director of Analytics to describe the causal relationships between media spend and performance at the line item level (multi DSP).
- Creating and productizing regular daily, weekly and monthly reports using tools such as SQL, R/Python, Tableau and Excel.
- Producing ad-hoc analyses for strategic clients by working with Sales and Account Management teams with a particular focus on understanding the client’s audience.
- Mining impression-level data (billions of records) for optimization insights.
- Train and develop junior staff members.
- Identifying database needs and data quality requirements, coordinating with the in-house Technology and Vendor departments and developing BI reporting and solutions.
- University degree in a quantitative field, strong statistical background required
- Demonstrable experience in an econometrician/trader/risk/data analytics role
- Advanced SQL, R and/or Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas)
- Advanced visualization techniques (e.g. ggplot2, matplotlib, HtmlWidgets, HighCharts, GoogleVis, D3, Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, etc)
- Excel – Advanced level (pivot tables, VBA)
- Strong data analysis skills with previous media experience preferable (but not essential)
- The role has the potential to be client-facing where insights are presented to current and potential customers
- Bright, charismatic, and motivated with the ability to win credibility internally
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate and deliver messages effectively to non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize and focus, with a high level of attention to detail
You must be a confident communicator with the ability to think outside the box and challenge conventional wisdom regardless of your previous experience. You must be able articulate complex technical information to non-technical people at all levels. You will be able to multi-task and cope with changing priorities and be organized thinker. In addition, you are a person who can take an idea and explore all possible avenues for ROI. Every insight must have the client and the business in mind.