WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who possesses both strong communication skills and an analytical mindset to join our operations team, which is responsible for architecting and activating programmatic campaigns for advertisers and agencies alike. Successful candidates will thrive in a competitive and fast-moving business environment while adhering to high ethical standards; will exhibit confidence, empathy and intelligence in discussions with business owners and executives; will devote significant off-the-job time to improving their understanding of the online advertising world; will interact in a cooperative and friendly manner with co-workers; will be self-starters who perform at a consistent and high level; and will enjoy working hard and having fun with other members of The Exchange Lab team.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Reporting into the Head Trader (i.e. Team Lead), the Senior Trader / Programmatic Specialist proactively manages and analyses programmatic campaign delivery and performance of The Exchange Lab’s portfolio of clients. The Trader is expected to provide optimisation and analysis to the client service team. This individual must have a strong understanding of internet advertising technology, as they are expected to think out-of-the-box and provide custom solutions to meet the needs of our advertisers. Success in this position is measured by campaign performance against client objectives, 100% delivery of a campaign and increased advertising budget month-over-month.
- Manage delivery and optimization of our programmatic campaigns for a specific regions or set of campaigns
- Provide optimisation analysis and create thoughtful recommendations – backed by data – of new tactics and partners to elevate performance against our KPIs
- Analyse and set the direction with regard to our usage of various creative assets
- Work with sales team on RFP’s by leveraging both prior campaign experience and in-depth knowledge of available products and solutions
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot underperforming or underdelivering campaigns and discrepancies
- Provide feedback to Technology team on new functionality
- Function as the Operations expert to clients and deliver case studies and best practice examples internally
- Report back on monthly and quarterly agency performance – provide strategic recommendations for the holistic agency approach in collaboration with Account Management team counterparts (if requested)
- Build and maintain a productive rapport with assigned platforms’ account management and/or technical contacts so that you will be always up-to-date with updates, know about upcoming test opportunities and act as point of contact for any platform escalations from an operational point of view
- Train and develop staff in the Operations team on platform specific options, processes and best practices
- Proactively seek out ways to solve some of our inefficiencies. E.g. identify areas in our workflow where an inordinate amount of time is spent on manual, non-value add work and propose potential resolutions
- Document platform and workflow updates on The Exchange Lab’s wiki and in the Operations manual
- Respond to advertisers questions directly when required
- Extensive hands-on role managing programmatic campaigns at an agency, advertiser, or DSP.
- Experience pulling data and generating advanced reports within a UI, via API or (ideally) both.
- Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem and the role that programmatic plays within it
- Working knowledge of HTML in order to understand ad tags and identify / fix creative issues
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (including Excel pivot tables and basic formulas), web browsers and common troubleshooting tools (Chrome Developer Tools, Fiddler, HttpFox, HttpWatch, etc.)
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Meticulous attention to detail, top-notch analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to operate with poise under pressure
- Highly organised, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise and focus
- Use creative thinking to help meet campaign objectives
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate and deliver messages effectively
- Ability to work in a strong and international team environment
- Bright, charismatic, inspirational with the ability to win credibility internally
- Extraordinarily organized with a strong technical mind and background. Ability to delve into technical conversations with our data science and engineering teams.
- Experience in ad operations and trafficking with a strong understanding of implementation factors, quality assurance best practice and legal standards
- Fluency in a common second language
- Exposure to offline marketing channels & tactics
- Intimate knowledge of ad servers and A/B testing
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences or related field
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB:
The Exchange Lab, part of GroupM Connect, is One for All. One company connected to the world’s largest programmatic digital media marketplace. The company’s unique multi-platform solution unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers. The Exchange Lab is powered by Proteus, a creative and innovative trading platform which is integrated into the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus and The Trade Desk. Founded in 2008, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, and Maxus, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.