Location: London, UK
Field: Online Advertising
Reports to: Head of Development
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM Connect, is One for All. One company connected to the world’s largest programmatic digital media marketplace. The company’s Meta DSP – Proteus, unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers.
Proteus, a creative and innovative trading platform, is integrated into eight of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, and The Trade Desk. This unique technology creates a holistic view of the media ecosystem providing advertisers with greater audience reach, scale, campaign insights and cost saving efficiencies.
Following the acquisition of The Exchange Lab by GroupM in December 2015, the technology team is scaling up to extend Proteus for a global rollout.
The Exchange Lab are looking for a Senior Developer / Technical Lead to join our growing technology team. The successful candidate will be a key productive member of the team and will be involved in the design and development of our key systems. We expect the candidate to be intelligent, enthusiastic, willing to learn and love everything tech.
- Good degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience and excellent knowledge of the Java / Spring ecosystem including:Java 8 / Spring 4
- ORM with JPA / Hibernate
- Experience developing Web Services (REST with JSON)
- Standards based HTML5/CSS skills desirable.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ)
- Leading database technology, such as mysql, SQL Server, mongoDB etc.
- Demonstrable experience of working with key stakeholders and developers to architect and plan development projects.
- Knowledge of design patterns and how to apply them effectively.
- Mentor developers, helping them conform to standards, review their work and help them grow in their role.
- Excellent Linux experience combined with good System Administration experience.
- Excellent communication and works positively within a team environment. Capable of presenting work clearly and peer reviewing other people’s work.
- An eye for Technical Architecture, able to work with the Technical Architect and developers to improve existing architectures and plan architectures moving forward.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a flexible approach.
- Ability to debug code with excellent problem solving.
- Experience of working in short iterative Agile Sprints.