DEPARTMENT: Vendor Partnerships
LOCATION: London, UK
REPORTING TO: Head of Vendor Partnerships
ABOUT THE EXCHANGE LAB:
The Exchange Lab (theexchangelab.com), part of GroupM Connect, is One for All. One company connected to the world’s largest programmatic digital media marketplace. The company’s Meta DSP – Proteus, unifies all of the top demand side platforms (DSPs), marketing technologies and exchanges into a single touch-point that drives the highest level of efficiency for advertisers.
Proteus, a creative and innovative trading platform, is integrated into eight of the largest and most respected DSPs including; MediaMath, AppNexus, and The Trade Desk. This unique technology creates a holistic view of the media ecosystem providing advertisers with greater audience reach, scale, campaign insights and cost saving efficiencies.
Founded in 2007, The Exchange Lab serves more than 700 clients across 50 markets worldwide with offices in London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Singapore.
The Vendor Product Manager role sits at the heart of Exchange Lab by being the main contact with all Exchange Lab’s third party suppliers. The VPM ensures all client needs are met by owning the relationship between Exchange Lab and its suppliers, commencing commercial negotiations, obtaining the relevant information from suppliers and feeding this in to the client facing teams ensuring seamless communication and campaign delivery.
Through cross-channel and programmatic marketing strategy expertise, solid technical knowledge and fantastic supplier relationship building, the VPD is responsible for ensuring central sources of supplier information are kept up to date, and also be responsible for the creation of new products that can be actively pitched by the Sales team.
The VPM is responsible for the day to day relationships with suppliers and internal team members. They will push suppliers to ensure excellent service, the execution and delivery of campaigns from a technical and marketing strategy perspective, and initiate commercial conversations with suppliers. By understanding the technical capabilities of all Exchange Lab licensed products, the candidate will be responsible for the creation of new products that can be actively pitched by the Sales team and, with the help of the VTAM, setup by the Operations team, reported by the Business Intelligence team and marketed by the Marketing team.
- Initiate and negotiate commercial conversations and be familiar with the contractual terms of our partners
- Act as the central point of contact with Suppliers and collate all information
- Ensure all external suppliers are logged and bookings recognised through diligence in campaign administration
- Monthly supplier accruals
- Product Development: understand Exchange Lab licensed technologies to create new marketable products across desktop and mobile; video and display
- Develop a calendar of event based products
- With the help of the VTAM, train the Sales team on each new product
- Liaise with the Marketing team on asset creation
- Co-ordinate new product releases with internal sales, operations and product teams
- Monitor the technology landscape and feedback within Vendor Management new offerings and trends in the market introducing existing and emerging supplier features to EL teams
- Meet new potential suppliers and report back viability to Vendor Management
- Entertain and socialize with suppliers and industry wide contacts
- Attend industry events, represent & promote The Exchange Lab
- Identify knowledge needs of sales teams and work with VTAM to train as required
- Work with Sales & Operations to identify opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Aid Sales and Ops in campaign sale and setup
- Work with VTAM to be ‘expert users’ of The Exchange Lab products for Advertisers, capable of managing client’s expectations through any elements of our products (e.g. set up times, optimization and reaching campaign goals etc.), and supporting Sales and Marketing
- Share best practice and learning’s among the Sales and Account Manager team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4+ years’ experience within a media sales, marketing and technology centric environment
- Understanding of digital marketing planning functions
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with frequent pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication, planning, time management, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in data management, report extraction & analysis
- Experience with working with clients
- MS Office proficient
- An enthusiasm towards the potential of the programmatic buying ecosystem, integrated/digital marketing initiatives and technology evolutions will be highly regarded.